Wednesday, March 10, 2010

reading response 06 : Design Writing Research by Lupton

In the reading Modern Hieroglyphics in the Design Writing Research Ellen Lupton. They talk about the the importance of Neurath's pictograms, these icons contain reduction and consistency. In regards to our project is important that we keep these principles in our set of icons. In the beginning of the creation of these icons, I had many elements and even though is a geometrically stylized more reduction is needed and what makes the icons be cohesive is consistency. As my final icons have become more apparent I added the element of curving an element for legibility yet by doing so I need to be consistent even though I needed to be subtle the change needed to implied through the set for making the set cohesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment