Saturday, April 24, 2010

identity and applications


For the application of my logo in this Smithsonian Exhibit I will like to explore the idea in which the exhibit talks about the negative side of being a consumerist and the influence of fashion and the tendencya nd advertisement to consume I will use words such as :
SHOP
SALE
CLEARANCE
DISCOUNT
VICTIM
FASHIONISTA

This words have we not exposed but we have been victims of it's "trap".

The title that I will like to use for my exhibit is :

Under the Label: The secrets of the Fashion Industry


Three different approaches I explore where the use :

1. collaging from magazines, their interaction with my icon plus the word : this process I feel that connects more to my subject and with the style of imaginary that we are constantly bombarded to promote fashion.
2. pattern, word and icon
3. word but letters replaced by icons, plus a textured background

1.


2.


3.





No comments:

Post a Comment